With all the debate raging about healthcare reform, Historical Fiction Author Jessica James proposed five reasons why visiting a bookstore is good for your health. Any others you want to add?
1. A book specialist can help you find just the right book – with no co-pay.
2. You don’t have to pay a deductible at a bookstore, and the value is unbeatable.
3. Bending over, standing up, crouching down to look at the bottom shelf is good exercise. (Repeat as necessary).
4. Carrying a large stack of books to your car is great for cardio and muscle-building.
5. Books provide entertainment, promote a sense of well-being, and ensure you will have something to read in the waiting room.
My additions are:
6. You don’t have to wait for months to get in to see a specialist.
7. Once you start reading, symptoms disappear immediately with no harmful side effects.
8. You also get a life-time of refills.